Summary of Actions
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
November 1, 2016
Annexation of property for Grace Church (west side of Minton Road, north of Fell Road). Council held a public hearing and unanimously approved the first reading of Ordinance No. 2016-18, annexing the property located on the west side of Minton Road, north of Fell Road, setting the matter for public hearing and adoption on November 22, 2016.
CONSENT AGENDA. Council unanimously approved the following:
- The Regular City Council meeting minutes for Tuesday, October 18, 2016.
- The purchase of one new Ford F-150 pick-up truck for the additional building inspector position approved last fiscal year.
- The purchase of five Ford Interceptors utilizing the Florida Sheriffs Association & Florida Association of Counties contract and authorized outfitting the vehicles using DANA Safety Supply, Inc.
- The acceptance of the dedication of water distribution system and sanitary sewer system improvements for Sawgrass Lakes Phase Two C and D and authorized the City Manager to set an effective date and to sign the Bill of Sale.
- The adoption of Resolution No. 2016-20 approving the reclassification of the Desk Officer position to a Police Records Technician position.
- The appointment of Ms. Barbara Baker, Ms. Peggy Braz, Mr. Chris Gibbs, Ms. Lainie Jarczynski, and Mr. Mike Sutherland to the CDBG Citizens Advisory Task Force.
Agreement with the State of Florida Department of Economic Opportunity for a Planning Grant and an agreement with the East Central Florida Regional Planning Council to Implement Grant. Council authorized the City Manager to sign the agreement with the State of Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and for staff to authorize the East Central Florida Regional Planning Council to implement the grant.
Rental of City Council Chamber. Council approved, 5-2 with Mayor Rose and Council Member Eley opposed, to discontinue, with exceptions, the rental of the Judge T. Mitchell Barlow, Jr. Council Chamber.
Moratorium on Low-THC Cannabis (Medical Marijuana) Dispensaries. Council unanimously approved the first reading of Ordinance No. 2016-23, a temporary moratorium on the location of low-THC cannabis (medical marijuana) dispensaries within the City, and on the issuance of business tax receipts, development orders or permits for such facilities within the City, for a period of one hundred-eight (180) days, and set the matter for public hearing and adoption on November 22, 2016.
For additional information on these matters, call the City Clerk’s office at 321-837-7774. City Council will meet again on Tuesday, November 1, 2016, after which this page will be updated.