City Hall is back open to the public. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Small permit packages, such as fence, mechanical, and roofing can be emailed in to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permits that do have large plans, such as screen rooms, windows/doors/shutters, solar, or new builds, will need to be dropped off or mailed in to City Hall.
Go to our Forms page for current applications. All applications need to be signed and notarized by the property owner and the qualifier. A contract or estimate signed by the property owner can be used in lieu of a notarized signature on the application.
There is a drop basket at the front counter of the Building Department. Permits will be processed the day after drop off.
Please call (321) 837-7776 with any questions or concerns regarding permitting.
The Building Department actually functions as three divisions under the direction of the Building Official:
Administration and enforcement of the various local codes and ordinances associated with construction of new structures, and alteration, repairs or additions to existing structures, including state and federal laws. Responsibilities include:
- Plan review
- Permit issuance
- Inspections for compliance
- Administration and enforcement of municipal codes and ordinances that regulate:
- Land development and use
- Any others that have an effect on health, safety and general welfare of the public
- Ensure collection of assessed penalties
- Ensure compliance with orders issued
- Investigate citizens’ complaints
- Maintain records
- Require corrections as necessary and/or process alleged violations of the City Code of Ordinances to the City Code Enforcement Board
This department works closely with Brevard County fire prevention, planning and engineering in the review of site plans, subdivision development and land use change requests, including the variance and special exception application process.