Update on development of private properties along Minton Road
There are five sets of development that are occurring within half (1/2) mile of the public schools:
1. Heritage Pointe - Properties at the corner of Minton Road and Heritage Oaks Boulevard - The property located on the south side of Minton Road is being developed with a single-family residential community close to Brookshire At Heritage Oaks and with retention ponds and possibly commercial at the corner. There is currently no commercial project submitted for the southeast corner of this property.
The property has two zoning districts with the front portion along Minton Road still being zoned Commercial Parkway and the back portion along Heritage Oaks Boulevard and Brookshire zoned residential.
The entire site is less than 20 acres, and even though the entire site has been cleared to create the large retention ponds (see photos), the 49-lot single-family subdivision currently has homes being built, but nothing has been proposed yet for the commercial half of the site.
2. Wesley Groves - The 18 acre property along Minton Road, which is identified as Wesley Groves, has several homes built and more to come in this new single-family subdivision. This will be a 44-lot gated subdivision when completed. The photo below shows the gated entrance on Minton Road.
3. Palm Garden Lakes - This is the property that used to be the 9-hole golf course on Minton Road. The single-family and townhouse site is under construction (see photos below) and will have 77 single-family and 21 townhouse lots when completed. The new subdivision will have its main entrance on Minton Road and a resident only entrance/exit on Milwaukee Avenue.
Most of the site will be developed with the 77 single-family lots, but the 21 townhouses would provide a buffer between Minton Road and the single-family residential lots. The townhouses would be setback approximately 200 feet (a retention pond, landscaping and fence) and the developer has installed a metal fence between Minton Road and the townhouses.
4. Grace Church - A new church is being proposed to the south of Wesley Groves. Grace Church is a congregation that currently holds its services in CinemaWorld. The new location on the west side of Minton Road, north of Fell Road would allow them to construct a 15,000 square foot church to accommodate their 400 parishioners. The church is civic minded and will be supportive of planning efforts for a town center.
5. Your Life Memory Center - A proposed 100-bed memory care center for Alzheimer and other memory care patients has broken ground at the northeast corner of Minton Road and Heritage Oaks Boulevard. This facility will occupy 7.58 acres out of the 13.8 acre site, leaving 6.22 acres for commercial development. This site plan shows the layout and the proposed architecture in the City's Town Center Overlay.